Your smile is one of the first things people notice about you when they see you. People make decisions about you, your intelligence, your creativity, your economic status, and your likability based solely on your smile.
According to a study by the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry, 96% of adults feel that an attractive smile influences how appealing a person of the opposite gender is. In the same study, 74% of adults said that an attractive smile can negatively impact a person’s career. Lovett Dental Beaumont proudly offers in office and at home teeth whitening systems to help you attain a smile changing whitening experience.
Teeth Whitening Services
Teeth stains happen for a number of reasons. Food and drink, as well as many biological factors such as the transparency of your tooth enamel, can stain your teeth. Some of the most common reasons people look for cosmetic dentistry and teeth whitening services in Beaumont, Texas include:
- Food and drink: Some of the biggest culprits include red wine, dark sodas, tea, coffee, and blueberries.
- Tobacco: Chewing tobacco and cigarettes can discolor teeth.
- Oral care: Poor dental hygiene, including inadequate flossing, brushing, and teeth cleaning, can lead to tooth discoloration.
- Disease/trauma: Disease and trauma can affect the enamel development in children, leading to discoloration. Trauma to adult teeth can also cause discoloration. Radiation therapy and chemotherapy may discolor teeth.
- Medical treatments: Certain antihistamines, antipsychotic medications, and blood pressure medicines can contribute to teeth stains.
How Do Tooth Whitening Treatments Work?
Dental stains can be extrinsic or intrinsic. Extrinsic stains are on the surface of your teeth. Intrinsic stains are in the micro cracks in your enamel and the dentin layer of your teeth. Whitening toothpaste and mouth rinses may treat extrinsic stains. Only tooth whitening agents can address intrinsic stains that cause discolored teeth.
Whitening gels contain carbamide peroxide or hydrogen peroxide. These penetrate the enamel and attack discolored molecules. Oxygen molecules from Dental whitening agents interact with discolored molecules in your teeth. These bonds break down. The oxygen molecules spread and whiten the whole tooth. You have a brighter and whiter smile.
Five Benefits of Teeth Whitening
Dentists at our general dentistry at Lovett Dental can enhance your life via teeth whitening. Some of the benefits that teeth whitening offers include:
- Confidence boost: Whether you are at work, on a date, or just strolling through the neighborhood, a bright smile is difficult to ignore. White teeth tell other people that you care about yourself and your appearance. This is something that those around you will be able to sense.
- Improved appearance: Having white teeth is about more than having healthy teeth. A person can have the healthiest teeth in the world, but food and drink stains teeth. Coffee, soda, and tea are some of the biggest culprits. After an in-office or at-home whitening treatment, you will notice the difference. You will not need to edit or filter your photos.
- Detracts from aging: People are more likely to pay attention to a person’s white smile, and this will detract from wrinkles, frown lines, sunspots, and the other effects of aging.
- Inexpensive appearance booster: Whether you use our Speed at Home whitening system, our Philips Zoom, or our Venus White Max in-office whitening systems, your out-of-pocket expenses are drastically less than what you would pay for most cosmetic or plastic surgical procedures. With a few periodic touch-ups, you will be able to enjoy your white smile for years to come.
- Increased oral health: Once you see the positive reaction you get from others and the improvement in teeth color you have after whitening your teeth, you will not want your teeth to get stained again. This may lead you to maintain good oral health habits.
The oral health care professionals at Lovett Dental Beaumont are happy to offer our dental whitening services in Beaumont, Texas. We want you to have a smile that you can be proud of. If you are not happy with the color of your teeth, contact Lovett Dental today at 409.230.0393. Let us help you love the way your smile looks.