Teeth straightening is an investment in your dental health. It helps to improve your bite, ability to speak, and your confidence when you smile. Our team at Lovett Dental Beaumont offers the most modern methods for achieving that improvement, including clear aligners. Clear aligner trays work to gradually improve your smile without the pain and frustration of braces. It’s just one of the excellent specialty dental services we offer.
What Are Clear Aligners?
Clear aligner trays are small, customized trays made of acrylic that are slipped into place over your teeth. These trays are much more comfortable than what you would expect from dental braces (and the tightening of braces specifically). If you need teeth straightening, you may find clear aligners to be the ideal way to do this because they are effective and safe to use for most needs.
How Do Clear Aligner Trays Work?
The goal of clear aligners is to push the teeth into their proper position gradually. They do this by applying gentle pressure on the teeth to move them. Over time, you will receive new trays that adjust this pressure a bit more, keeping the teeth moving in the right direction. There’s no pain involved in this process.
When this type of gentle pressure is applied at the right angle, it allows the teeth to shift into a proper space. Then, the gums tighten up around them to hold them into this space. With the repeated, slow movements of clear aligner trays, you can see a significant improvement in your smile over time.
What Are the Benefits of Clear Aligner Trays?
Clear aligners are new in terms of teeth straightening compared to traditional metal and ceramic braces. Several key benefits come from these devices as a result:
- They are clear. That means most people will not know they are there. You can smile with confidence.
- They are very effective. Often, clear aligners can work faster than other types of orthodontics.
- Aligners are also removable. That means you can take them out, brush and floss, and put them back into place.
- You can eat most foods with them, which is a big improvement over braces.
- Aligners are very durable and can work well for biting and chewing.
- They are comfortable, too.
When used properly for teeth straightening, you may find this is the type of bracing technology you wished you had long ago. If you are an older child or an adult considering teeth straightening, this solution can be the ideal one for you.
How Are Clear Aligner Trays Created?
The process is very simple and straightforward. When you come in for your appointment, we’ll talk about teeth straightening options to determine which method may be right for your needs. Then, our team will make recommendations for you based on your dental health needs, x-rays, and your overall goals. If you decide to use clear aligner trays, the process gets started right away.
- Images are created of your teeth.
- Exact measurements are created to build the tray aligners.
- The aligners are made from acrylic at this point.
- They are then properly fitted into your mouth and should be comfortable.
- In a few weeks, you’ll come back for new trays that are in the next position.
Overall, clear aligners are one of the best options for improving teeth alignment.
Consider Your Options – Call Lovett Dental Beaumont to Explore Them
When it comes to clear aligners, having a new smile that you love showing off is worth it. To find out if you are a good candidate for clear aligner trays, make an appointment with our team. Our orthodontic services can help you or your family with all alignment issues. Teeth straightening is one of the best ways to improve your dental health and your smile. To learn more, call Lovett Dental Beaumont for an appointment at 409-924-8100.